Sunday, May 9, 2010

Great Mothers Day!

So today I tried on my first wedding gowns. My mother, sister and I went to David's Bridal and I completely fell in love with a dress and couldn't not buy it! So I bought my gown, veil, bra and slip today. Everything looks so perfect! And even better...all of it under $700. I still need to get shoes and a headband, but I have a year until the wedding so I have plenty of time. I am so so so excited! I have decide to go with pink and orange as the colors, manly pink with just a hint of orange. I will post a few pictures of the dresses I tried on as well as the bridesmaid dresses and the flower girl dress. 

front and back 

The orange is my maid of honors dress, my sister, and the pink is the four other bridesmaids



Not telling which one I got though =D My fiancĂ©e wants it to be a surprise for everyone. But I cried as soon as I put the winner on. I knew it was my dress! 

I was thinking my bouquet of flowers to be pink in orange to match the colors, some green in there too. I want my bridesmaids to have white flowers, but my sister who is wearing the orange dress will have a pink ribbon and the girls wearing pink will have an orange ribbon on their flowers. Ah I am just SO excited right now. I can't stop smiling. I want to just go back to the store and put my dress back on and never ever take it off! I ordered a new one, even though it fits perfectly, don't need any alterations, I just wanted a new dress that hasn't been worn, so I should be getting it next month I think. Ohhh and they make Navy garters! I am totally ordering one!! I couldn't find a picture of just the Navy one, but here is the group of military garters.

I figure my garter will be my "something blue" =D

Can't wait to get married! But today made the price of this wedding become oh so real. It's going to be a lot, but I'm sure everything will work out =]



1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I just wanted to let you know I gave you an award!

    http://dogtagsandpearls.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-first-award.html

    ReplyDelete